Greater Brisbane Restrictions
RESIDENTIAL AGED CARE
As per the Queensland Health directive, the following Ozcare aged care facilities are currently in lockdown and unfortunately cannot permit visitors:
- Palm Lodge – New Farm
- Bakhita Villa – Oxley
- Ozanam Villa – Clontarf
A person will not be allowed to enter these facilities unless they are:
- An employee, contractor, or student of the facility
- Providing goods or services necessary for the operation of the facility
- Providing health, medical, personal care, or pharmaceutical services
- Attending for an end of life visit
- Undertaking emergency management, law enforcement or the exercise of a power or function of a government agency
- A prospective resident, or the support person of a prospective resident
- Maintaining continuity of care for a resident, and the operator of the facility has granted permission for them to enter.
Residents (excluding an end of life resident) will not be permitted to leave these facilities except:
- To receive or access health care
- To attend a funeral
- In the case of an emergency or on any other compassionate grounds.
Any person (other than a resident) entering these facilities must wear a single use surgical face mask and all employees will be wearing masks as an extra precaution.
As an essential service provider of aged, respite and disability care services, our community care branches in the Greater Brisbane area will continue to deliver essential services to clients while wearing masks as recommended by QLD Health.
These precautionary measures have been put in place to protect the people we care for. Thanks for your cooperation and support of our wonderful staff who do a fantastic job!