At Ozcare, we take great pride in providing services within our aged care facilities, day respite centres and to the wider community, and we are committed to minimising the spread of COVID-19. As always, the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers, remains our number one priority.
We have a close working relationship with Queensland Health and local Public Health Units and we are in constant contact with them regarding active cases in Queensland and any steps we can take to further protect our clients and our staff.
Ozcare already has in place extensive outbreak management policies and procedures to manage any suspected form of outbreak in our aged care facilities. Additionally, our staff are trained in infection control and environment management.
To further protect the people we care for, all Ozcare staff:
- Have received the 2020 Influenza Vaccination
- Adhere to strict infection control protocols
- Wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitiser
- Practise social distancing (keeping 1.5m from others where possible)
- Have been encouraged and provided with assistance to download the COVIDSafe app on their mobile phones
- Have been instructed not to come to work if they are feeling unwell. Even if their symptoms are mild, we have directed them to stay home, call their Supervisor and get tested immediately.
We have also taken the following precautions to date:
- Implemented outbreak cleaning protocols throughout Ozcare
- Enforced a restricted visitor policy and restricted visiting hours at our aged care facilities
- Introduced mandatory temperature checks & screening questionnaires to all visitors to our aged care facilities
- Place additional hand-sanitisers throughout our services
- Vigilant monitoring of clients by all staff members for any early ‘flu like’ symptoms and immediate reporting of these to Clinical Management, Senior Management and GPs
- Additional internal reporting protocols for unwell clients, staff and volunteers
- Head office and branch based admin staff are working remotely. Enquiries still to go to 1800 Ozcare (1800 692 273) or email@example.com
We have the following visiting restrictions in place at our aged care facilities. Visitors should:
- Visit a resident in the resident’s room, outdoors or a specified area in the aged care facility
- Avoid communal spaces
- Make sure the resident has no more than two visitors at a time, including doctors
- Wash hands before entering and leaving the facility
- Stay 1.5 metres away from residents, where possible
- Stay away when unwell
Visitors should not be anyone who:
- Is unwell
- Has returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Has had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Has travelled to a COVID-19 hot spot in the last 14 days
- Has a fever (37.5 degrees or more)
- Has a cough, runny nose, sore throat, breathing difficulties, loss of taste and/or loss of smell.
- After 1 May 2020, has not had the 2020 flu vaccination (unless it is unavailable to you).
Ozcare aged care facilities continue to have set visiting hours, please enquire with your local facility as to their visiting hours or call 1800 Ozcare (1800 692 273).
Together we will continue to fight the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other and our communities safe.