Do you have a passion for helping people? We’re looking for a Support Worker to join our team at Rockhampton Homeless Men’s Hostel.
As a Support Worker you’ll be looking after the most important people in our organisation - our clients.
Your tasks will include:
- Supporting Individuals and Families often with complex needs and at risk of becoming homeless in their efforts to maintain secure safe, stable and affordable accommodation within the community
- Development and Review of Case Plans as well as reporting on clients progress
- Liaise with appropriate agencies to provide suitable referrals to address the needs of clients where long term or specialised interventions are required
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop flexible strategies to assist them to achieve their goals
We’re looking for a person who has what it takes to make a difference in our clients lives.
- A warm and caring nature
- The willingness to go the extra mile
- A positive attitude towards health and wellbeing
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll become part of the Ozcare family, and in addition to the training and support that you would expect, you will also receive:
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Private health insurance discounts
- Uniform and laundry allowance
- The flexibility to work a varied roster including day, over night and weekend shifts
- Qualifications in Human Services or a related field (or equivalent experience) would be an advantage
- Experience working in the Community Services sector with knowledge of issues affecting homeless men
- Good computer & mobile device skills
- Current National Police Check, prior to commencement
- First aid and CPR certificates, required within one month of commencement
- Where applicable, Disability Services Queensland screening and Working with Children Check will also be required
Ozcare is a leading not-for-profit organisation with 20 years’ experience in delivering aged care, disability care, nursing, health and community support services. Our commitment is to provide clients with the highest standard of care. We proudly deliver more than 320 services to 15,000 clients, with the support of 3,000 staff and 350 volunteers.
If you would like more information, or have questions, please contact Glenn Thompson on (07) 4937 4280.