Do you have a passion for working with our older generation as well as younger people who are living with a disability? We're looking for an Occupational Therapist to work as part of a multi disciplinary Allied Health team at our Brisbane North - Chermside Community Care branch.
As an Allied Health Professional, you’ll be looking after the most important people in our organisation - our clients’. This is a great opportunity to work across a wide range of client bases; from needing help with basic equipment through to home modifications to assist our clients to stay safe in their homes and live as independently as possible.
Your tasks will include:
- Clinical assessments and treatment of physical and neurological conditions
- Assessment and prescription of aids and equipment to improve independent living skills e.g. hoists, mobile commode, wheelchairs
- Environmental assessments and home modifications to minimise the risk of falls and improve access
- Assessment of clients’ mobility and control when moving in their environments
We’re looking for a person who has what it takes to make a difference in our clients’ lives.
- You have:
- A warm and caring nature
- The willingness to go the extra mile
- A positive attitude towards health and wellbeing
- The flexibility to work a varied roster
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll become part of the Ozcare family, and in addition to the training and support that you would expect, you will also receive:
- 5 weeks Annual leave as standard
- Annual leave loading
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Private health insurance discounts
- Uniform and laundry allowance
- AHPRA registration
- 1-2 years experience working within Community Care
- Effective communication skills
- Current National Police Check, prior to commencement
- First aid and CPR certificates, required within one month of commencement
- Where applicable, Disability Services Queensland screening and Working with Children Check will also be required
- Current "C" class Queensland Driver's licence
Ozcare is a leading not-for-profit organisation with 20 years’ experience in delivering aged care, disability care, nursing, health and community support services. Our commitment is to provide clients with the highest standard of care. We proudly deliver more than 320 services to 15,000 clients, with the support of 3,000 staff and 350 volunteers.
If you would like more information, or have questions, please contact Melinda Grosse on (07) 3624 0529.