Do you have a passion for working with our older generation as well as younger people who are living with a disability? We're looking for an Exercise Physiologist to work as part of a multi disciplinary allied health team to work across our Bundaberg Branch.
As an Exercise Physiologist you’ll be looking after the most important people in our organisation - our clients’.
Your tasks will include:
- Assessment and clinical exercise prescription for chronic disease management and functional ability
- Direct group based therapy classes ie. Hydrotherapy, Balance and Strength and Lungs in Action (Lungs in Action training and experience in hydrotherapy/ aqua therapies beneficial)
- Direct and supervise individual exercise prescription- mostly clients home based
- Experience with Package care, NDIS, EPC and DVA beneficial but not essential
- Manage case load and review existing clients to meet their needs and audit requirements
- Liaise with other Health professionals in overall case management of clients.
- Knowledge of My Aged Care process helpful but not essential
- Ability to effectively deliver information and education to clients
We’re looking for a person who has what it takes to make a difference in our clients’ lives.
- A warm and caring nature
- The willingness to go the extra mile
- A positive attitude towards health and wellbeing
- The flexibility to work in with clients – AH staff don’t work on a roster basis
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll become part of the Ozcare family, and in addition to the training and support that you would expect, you will also receive:
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Private health insurance discounts
- Uniform and laundry allowance
- ESSA registration essential.
- Effective communication skills.
- Current National Police Check, prior to commencement
- First aid and CPR certificates, required within one month of commencement
- Disability Services Queensland screening and Working with Children Check will also be required
Ozcare has been supporting Queenslanders for the past 23 years with a range of aged care, disability care, respite care, nursing, allied health and dementia advisory and support services. Our caring workforce of 3,000 staff and 400 volunteers, proudly serve nearly 30,000 clients from 35 locations across Queensland.
When applying for this position please quote reference number OZ2019-67-4786
If you would like more information, or have questions, please contact Kimberly Alexander on (07) 4130 8900.