Do you have a passion for assisting people to remain independent in the Community? We’re looking for a Care Assistant to join our team at Rockhampton Community Care Branch.
As a care assistant you’ll be looking after the most important people in our organisation - our clients.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing the very best care and support to clients in line with their personalised care plans
- Assisting clients to develop skills to encourage their independence
- Attending to clients’ personal care needs, including showering, dressing and other daily activities
- Assisting clients with their medication requirements
- Working as part of the care team, using a holistic approach, to look at every aspect of our clients’ care
We’re looking for a person who has what it takes to make a difference in our clients’ lives.
- A warm and caring nature
- The willingness to go the extra mile
- A positive attitude towards health and wellbeing
- The flexibility to work a varied roster
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll become part of the Ozcare family, and in addition to the training and support that you would expect, you will also receive:
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Private health insurance discounts
- Uniform and laundry allowance
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care or Home & Community Care
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence and reliable source of transport (vehicle to be Registered, Insured with Comprehensive Insurance and maintained in a Roadworthy state)
- Good computer & mobile device skills
- Current National Police Check, prior to commencement
- First aid and CPR certificates, required within one month of commencement
- Where applicable, Disability Services Queensland screening and Working with Children Check will also be required
Ozcare has been supporting Queenslanders for the past 23 years with a range of aged care, disability care, respite care, nursing, allied health and dementia advisory and support services. Our caring workforce of 3,000 staff and 400 volunteers, proudly serve nearly 30,000 clients from 35 locations across Queensland.
When applying for this position please quote reference number OZ2019-58-4804
If you would like more information, or have questions, please contact Eleanor Green on (07) 4937 4213.