Would you like to join our dynamic nursing team working in the community setting? We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the Toowoomba Community General and Specialist Nursing Service.
As a Registered Nurse you will be looking after the most important people in our organisation - our clients, providing in home person-centered care and applying best clinical practice. The nursing team care for all age groups within our community with a variety of nursing needs, including but not limited to, complex wound care, palliative care including management of syringe drivers, simple and complex medication administration and chronic disease management. You will be involved with clients who receive NDIS support.
Your tasks will include:
- Initial assessment of client needs and implementation of ongoing care, co-ordination, case management and care planning.
- Provision of excellent care and service to clients in line with their personalised care plans and best clinical practice.
- Using a holistic approach, working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, achieving the optimum care for clients.
- Liaison with and referral to other organisations as required provide for the client’s needs.
Your Skills, Experience and Role Requirements:
You will be an experienced RN, confident working autonomously within the community care setting and be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and clinical problem-solving skills
- The ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to multi task and show initiative
- The flexibility to work a varied roster including weekend shifts and on call
- Confidence with smart phones and digital devices, or a willingness to learn.
- Full unrestricted APHRA registration
- Current Queensland Driving License
- Current national Police Check, prior to commencement
- Current Influenza Immunisation
- First Aid and CPR certificate required within one month of commencement
- Nurse Immuniser qualification desirable
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll become part of the Ozcare family, and in addition to the training and support that you would expect, you will also receive:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Annual leave loading
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated car leases
- Private health insurance discounts
- Uniform and laundry allowance
Ozcare has been supporting Queenslanders for the past 23 years with a range of aged care, disability care, respite care, nursing, allied health and dementia advisory and support services. Our caring workforce of 3,000 staff and 400 volunteers, proudly serve nearly 30,000 clients from 35 locations across Queensland.
When applying for this position please quote reference number OZ2020-161-5313
If you would like more information, or have questions, please contact Jo Bartetzko on (07) 4639 7888.