A Social Day Out of the House
Come along to one of our day respite centres and we will aim to make it your favourite outing of the week. You will meet like-minded people, make new friends and enjoy meaningful activities and entertainment in a warm and welcoming environment.
We cater for senior members of our community and we proudly run programs for NDIS participants. If you have a carer, it also provides them with the opportunity to complete chores, attend appointments, volunteer or go to work.
Experience the Ozcare difference:
- Social & recreational activities
- Fresh, delicious meals
- Bus transport to and from centre
- Warm, inclusive environment
- Extended hours service for people living with dementia*
*Available at Burleigh Heads, Clontarf & Townsville
Enjoy a fun-filled day out of the house in the company of others. We ask about your preferences, so we can tailor activities to suit you. All activities are designed to be enjoyed by everyone regardless of age or disability.
There’s something for everyone at our day respite centres; whether you like to sit and chat over a cup of tea, play cards, do craft, or join in a concert with visiting entertainers. We often go on excursions for a picnic or to visit a local attraction and we have celebrations for Easter, Mother’s Day and other notable days during the year.
Care & Support
Our qualified and caring staff members are on hand to support you to join in on activities if required. We can also provide assistance with mobility, meals, personal care, medication and toileting.
Our staff are dedicated to getting to know you to find out what brings you enjoyment and purpose. For example, if you love cooking, we might use your skills to help make a birthday cake, or if woodworking is your thing, you might find yourself helping build something for our centre.
Our in-house cooks will talk to you about the type of food you like to eat, then delight you with delicious and nutritious food that will give you energy for the day’s activities ahead.
Morning tea and a two-course lunch are provided, which cater for all dietary needs. We can also provide you with afternoon tea and assistance to eat if required.
If you need help getting to our centres, we can assist with that too. Our friendly bus drivers will make sure you get to and from our centres safely and there’s always lots of fun to be had on the bus.
Door to door transport with wheelchair access is available, subject to availability. Transport home is usually between 2.30pm and 3.30pm. You are welcome to organise your own private transport and off-street parking is available.
Extended Hours for Dementia Respite Care
Are you busy caring for someone living with dementia or a neurodegenerative condition? Do you feel you are too busy to consider taking on paid work or study?
In addition to our day respite programs, Ozcare supports working carers and carers who would like to rediscover paid or voluntary work or further their studies with extended hours at our day respite centres at Clontarf (Brisbane), Burleigh Heads (Gold Coast), and Townsville
Our centres offer people with dementia a social and fun day out. Working with our Dementia Advisory and Support Service, we focus on individual strengths to connect clients with activities that encourage independence and enhance self-esteem.
Costs & Eligibility
Our day respite services are available to:
- Seniors over 65 years of age (over 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) who are eligible for centre-based respite services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) or their Home Care Package
- People with disability or a health condition under 65 years of age (under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) who are eligible for Queensland Community Support Services (QCSS)
- People with disability who are an NDIS participant and have funding for the support category ‘Assistance with social and community participation’.
The daily fee varies, depending on whether you have a home care package, NDIS plan, or are approved for CHSP or QCSS. We also accept private, full-fee paying clients. The fee includes:
- Care, including help with eating, going to the toilet, medication, and participating in activities
- Meals, including morning tea and lunch
- Transport to and from your home, subject to availability
- Activities which are designed to be enjoyed by everyone
Our preferred method of payment is direct debit, which automatically deducts funds from your nominated bank account on the due date. Call us on 1800 Ozcare (1800 692 273) to find out the cost based on your circumstances.