Day Respite Centre
Ozcare’s day respite centre in Clontarf is a supportive, friendly environment for seniors, adults with a disability and those in the community who feel isolated or lonely.
Enjoy group and individual activities designed to allow friendships to blossom and support your independence, with assistance from our trained and caring staff.
- Care & Support
- Extended hours for dementia respite care
Location & Contact
153 King Street, Clontarf
Centre Manager: Peter Godsall
Phone: (07) 3480 4404
Day Respite Centre
Monday to Friday from 7.30am – 4.00pm
Saturday and Sunday from 8.00am – 3.00pm for younger adults with a disability.
Please notify us of late cancellations between 7.30am and 8.00am on the day.
Extended Hours Dementia Respite Care
Monday to Friday, 6am – 8pm
Saturday, 6am – 5pm
Sunday, 7am – 4pm
Physical activities include: gentle exercises, indoor games, billiards, kelly pool, carpet bowls, table bowls, ten-pin bowling, dancing, movement to music, outdoor games, croquet, mini golf, bocce, and more.
Mental stimulation activities include: craft, word games, puzzles, group quizzes (scattegories, family feud), board games (train dominoes, cards, canasta, euchre, 500, cribbage, sequence, rummy kub), bingo, reminiscing, reading, and more.
Social activities include: discussion groups, reading groups, concerts, sing-a-longs, school groups, guest presenters, product/trade demonstrations, theme days, outings, and more.
Other activities include:
- Art and craft groups
- Hairdressing salon open Tuesday to Friday by appointment
- CHSP-funded handyman service, providing basic modifications and maintenance to your home. This service is available to CHSP-funded clients
- Events such as visits from the Historical Society, Pets for Therapy, Ballet troupes, Dancing troupes, fashion demonstrations, and more
- Excursions such as visits to parks and gardens, fishing, BBQs, picnics, and more
Activities are designed to be enjoyed by everyone regardless of age or impairment.
Weekend respite for young adults with a disability
We also provide respite for young adults with a disability on Saturdays and Sundays from 8.00am to 3.00pm. For more information about eligibility, please contact us on (07) 3480 4404.