Costs and eligibility for Ozcare's disability and health services

Eligibility, Costs & Application Process - Disability & Health Services

How much does it cost and am I eligible?

If you’re under 65, or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, there are a number of funding options available to you to access our disability & health services:

Queensland Community Care Services

Queensland Government

If you have a disability or other condition that restricts your ability to carry out everyday activities, you may be eligible for Queensland Community Care Services (QCCS).

This can include people with:

  • Chronic illness or disease
  • Physical injuries or conditions

You’ll only need one simple assessment by Ozcare to start using services. To begin the assessment process call us on 1800 Ozcare (1800 692 273).

Read more about the Queensland Community Care program on the Queensland Government’s website.

Disability Community Access

Queensland Government

The Queensland Government provides assistance for people with disability living in Ipswich to access health services, go on outings, and have fun through the Disability Community Access program.

These services are available to you if you live in the Ipswich area, are aged between 18 and 64 years and meet the criteria of the Disability Services Act 2006 (See page 20 – what is a disability).

Call us on 1800 Ozcare (1800 692 273) to start these services.

Read more about our disability community access services.

Mental Health Programs

Australian Government

The Australian Government provides three programs for Queenslanders living with a mental health condition.

  • Mental Health Recovery
  • Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) program
  • Resident recovery
  • Social and Emotional Engagement Development Services (SEEDS)

Call us on 1800 Ozcare (1800 692 273) to start these services. We accept referrals from you, your family, or health professionals.

Read more about our mental health services.


Australian Government

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs provides two programs to help veterans and war widows/widowers who live at home:

Veterans’ Home Care
Veterans' Home Care (VHC) is designed to help you continue living at home by providing a small amount of practical help including domestic assistance, personal care, safety-related home and garden maintenance, and respite care.

If you are a Gold or White Card holder living at home and have been assessed as needing home care assistance by a VHC Assessment Agency, you may be eligible for support through VHC.

Read more on the DVA website about Veterans’ Home Care.

Community Nursing
Community nursing provides nursing and personal care services at home for gold and white card holders. If you are a Gold Card holder with high level personal care needs, identified by a Local Medical Officer, DVA will pay for your clinical nursing services. If you are a White Card holder, the condition requiring nursing must also be an accepted disability.

Read more on the DVA website about Community Nursing.

Privately Funded Care

All of our services are available using private funding, where you meet the cost of the service yourself. Privately funded services can be used together with government funded services and in some cases can be claimed back from your private health insurer. Read more about privately funded services.

Next Steps

Back to Top